HOW TO DEAL WITH CONSTIPATION
Constipation also known as Dyspepsia refers to bowel movements that are infrequent or hard to pass. Severe constipation includes failure to pass stools and progress to bowel obstruction. It is a common cause of painful defecation. The bowel movement differs from person to person. A normal person goes two to three times a day for bowel cleaning but, if a person who is without a bowel movement for more than three days is considered to be constipated.
Common causes of constipation:-
- Inadequate water intake
- Eating less fiber and large amount of dairy products
- Stress and depression
- Disruption of regular diet due to traveling
- Condition’s such as Parkinson’s disease
- Over use of laxatives weakens the bowel muscles
- Eating disorders
- Colon cancer
- Constipated person should see the doctor if it is more than two weeks and get diagnosed with some tests like blood tests etc.
To deal with constipation:-
- Eat well-balanced diet with plenty of fiber in vegetables, fruits, legumes, whole grain bread, bran cereals.
- Drink lots of water to stay hydrated.
- Drink warm liquids in the morning.
- Eat prunes and prune juice regularly.
- Some exercises and physical activity is recommended for smooth bowel movement.
- Gentle enema is also given.
- Use mild softener or laxative as per doctor’s instruction.
- These are some precautions to treat constipation.